EncryptPad is a free text editor app for viewing and editing encrypted text. It comes with a simple and user-friendly GUI as well as a command line interface. One key feature it provides is a tool for encrypting and decrypting binary datas on disk, thanks to the most widely chosen quality file format OpenPGP.
It offers double protection i.e it combines randomly generated key files in addition to passphrases. It saves encrypted, compressed and integrity protected files.
Highlights Of Key Features
- It comes with Symmetric, as well as Passphrase protection
- Comes with both passphrase and key file combination, as well as a random key file generator
- Supports encryption of various binary files (images, videos, archives etc.)
- Provides a read only mode feature to prevent accidental file modification
- The passphrases are not kept in the memory for reuse, hence only S2K results
- Supports various cipher algorithms: CAST5, TripleDES, AES128, AES256
- Also supports various hash algorithms: SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512
- Supports both ZLIB, as well as ZIP compression
How to install EncryptPad on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt update && sudo apt install encryptpad encryptcli
How to uninstall EncryptPad from Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get remove encryptpad encryptcli