ReactOS is the best known Windows XP alternative. Imagine running your favorite Windows applications and drivers in an open-source environment you can trust. That’s ReactOS. Not just an Open but also a Free operating system.
The latest release ReactOS 0.4.3 as announced by The ReactOS Project is the fourth release with approximately 342 issues resolved since the release of 0.4.2, with the oldest dating all the way back to 2006 involving text alignment.
ReactOS 0.4.3 Notable Changes
- Switching to a new winsock library to replace the old winsock library. Its improvement should be a significant boon for ReactOS’ compatibility with such programs as the Good old Games (GoG) client and newer versions of the Python runtime.
- Improvements to implementation of NTVDM has seen several more DOS-era games now running successfully. Strategy fans in particular should enjoy a trip down memory lane with the likes of Age of Empires and Command & Conquer.
- Add pifmgr.dll
- Create a library for console output/input functions, last-error messages display, etc. to be used for all of our internal command-line utilities
- [shell32] Show message upon failure to create folder
- CRegKey is not implemented
- CRect is not implemented
- [PATCH] Implement window class versioning
- Japanese Resources for Control Panel
- Add Japanese resource to some DLLs
- Implement atltime.h
- Implement the EventCreate command-line tool
[su_button url=”https://reactos.org/wiki/ChangeLog-0.4.3" target=”blank” icon=”icon: file-text”]REACTOS 0.4.3 RELEASE NOTES[/[/su_button]p>
[s[su_button url=”https://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos/files/ReactOS/0.4.3/ReactOS-0.4.3-iso.zip/download” target=”blank” icon=”icon: download”]STALL CD[/[/su_button]p>
[s[su_button url=”https://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos/files/ReactOS/0.4.3/ReactOS-0.4.3-live.zip/download” target=”blank” icon=”icon: download”]VE CD[/[/su_button]p>