Password Safe 3.42.1 recently released, is an open source, free simple and secure password management app. You can create and store usernames and passwords securely on your machine, you just need to remember the “Master Password” that will allow you to unlock your entire collection of usernames and passwords.
Password Safe Key Features
- Stored passwords can be sectioned into groups and subgroups in a tree structure.
- Changes to entries can be tracked, including a history of previous passwords etc
- The password list can be exported to various file formats including TXT, XML and previous versions of Password Safe
- Can encrypt any file using a key derived from a passphrase provided by the user through the command-line interface
- The software features a built-in password generator that generates random passwordsThe software features a built-in password generator that generates random passwords
Password Safe 3.42.x Changelog
- Regression: In read-only mode, Entry popup menu’s View Entry item restored (was mistakenly disabled).
- Regression: Toolbar elements display correctly on high-resolution monitors under Windows 8.1 and later now supported in 64-bit builds.
- Fix issue when locking database when not using the System Tray.
- Fix empty group validation on DB open.
- Changes to default password policy now persistent under V4 databases.
- PasswordSafe now correctly duplicates a group containing both a base entry and its dependent i.e. shortcut or alias.
- Correctly handle opening a locked database, which is open in R/W by another user.
- If the command line parameter ‘-g’ is used to specify a configuration file by its relative path, PasswordSafe will now look for it in the same directory as the executable unless overridden by the PWS_PREFSDIR environment variable.
- Fixed slow opening of a database if the default group display is completely collapsed.
- The filter active indicator now shows in Windows 7.
- Toolbar images and text are now back in sync.
- Fixed regression in command line arguments -h and -u support.
- When PaswordSafe automatically locks to the TaskBar, the unlock window now gets input focus when clicking on the icon to unlock the database.
- The Notes window scroll position in Add/Edit no longer jumps to last selected line when it is reshown after being hidden.
- The scroll positions of the Tree and List views are now saved on minimize and used to set the window position when it is restored.