MP4Joiner (also known as MP4Tools) is a simple free collection of tools that allows you to join and split MP4 files. App was created and maintained by Alex Thuring, a well known author of the popular DVDStyler software.
This package comes with two applications
- MP4Joiner: A free application that allows join multiple MP4 files into one without reencoding and without quality loss.
- MP4Splitter: A free application that allows split a MP4 file in multiple files without reencoding and without quality loss
Both mentioned tools are free, open source and they run on the following Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Please note that both MP4Joiner and MP4Splitter which are both built inside “MP4Tools” are clean hence does not contain any 3rd party software bundles.
- Something else to keep in mind is that both applications “MP4Joiner” and “MP4Splitter” can run without the need of re-encoding and no loss in the final outputted video quality. However, you can re-encode both video and audio if teh need arises using MP4Joiner by going to “Options” and enable them.
- added option to save log file
- MP4Joiner: added CRF and Preset options
- updated ffmpeg to version 3.1.1
- MP4Joiner: added options to force re-encoding
- added French translation (thanks to Cocoa Pod)