The release of Manjaro Deepin 16.08 to the Manjaro Community was made available on manjaro website. Manjaro is a user-friendly GNU/Linux distribution based on the independently developed Arch Linux. Within the Linux community, Arch itself is renowned for being an exceptionally fast, powerful and lightweight distribution that provides access to the very latest cutting-edge software.
The latest Manjaro Deepin 16.08 edition features the brandnew Deepin desktop v15.3.
Highlights Of Manjaro Deepin 16.08 Release
- new native applications deepin-filemanager, deepin-calendar and deepin-imager-viewer
- The new deepin-dock can now be displayed in three different sizes on any side of the screen and the tray has been redesigned.
- deepin-terminal has a new look and now also offers a quake-mode
- a dark variant has been added to deepin-gtk-theme
- some further development also went into the deepin-icon-theme
- Wallpapers can now be selected directly from the desktop and set separately for the lockscreen and workspaces.
Features of the Manjaro Deepin edition
- Kernel Linux 4.4.19
- Installers Calamares and CLI
- optional Window managers Mutter/Gala or Metacity
- Nautilus (additionally the new Deepin-Filemanager)
- Deepin-Movie plus VLC
- Pamac package manager
- Baobab system analyser
- Yaourt / Base-devel