Warsow is a online game set in a futuristic cartoonish world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets. It is a completely free, fast-paced first-person shooter for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Game is about speed and movement. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge, and walljump your way through the game. Grab power-ups before your enemy does, plant a bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy’s flag before they know what is going on!
Warsow Key Features
- Open source engine – freedom to make complete gameplay mods.
- Freedom to run your own servers (ranked servers will need server key, which we provide for free upon request!)
- Flexible HUD scripting engine for customizing your HUD.
- Powerful “e-sports”- features like Warsow TV with OGG audio stream support for providing improved streaming capabilities.
- Highly customizable graphic settings.
- Global stats and match result saving for following your matches.
Warsow 2.1 Changelog
- The next major release of Warsow introduces some significant changes to the engine along with some polish and fixes to the gameplay
- First major change is that now the renderer is off-loaded into a separate thread, meaning that your mouse movement and networking is not affected by screen refresh rate anymore
- Third-party maps and textures will now be sandboxed so that they can no longer override stock on game assets
- Path to local profile and cache on *nix systems changed to better follow the XDG Directory Specification. The profile path has changed from $HOME/.warsow-2.x to either follow $XDG_DATA_HOME or to $HOME/.local/share/warsow-2.x by default. The same logic applies to cache directory as well. This change also affects server configurations
- Major uplift to the Race game mode
- A fair amount of bugfixes along with mapping and modding improvements has gone into the release
How to install Warsow 2.1 o Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 16.04
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb games" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install warsow