Fotoxx 17.04 recently released, is a free open source photo editor program for editing photos or other images and managing a large collection (collection management). The image folder directories can be viewed as a scrolling gallery of thumbnail images. With Fotoxx linux, you can click on a thumbnail to have a full window view of the image. Before we proceed on how to install Fotoxx on Ubuntu, lets take a quick look at its features.
- Thumbnail browser and navigator, variable thumbnail size or list view.
- Click on a thumbnail image to view or edit, or use a File Open dialog.
- View and edit most image formats and camera RAW formats.
- Menu-driven function selection, with toolbar for frequent functions.
- Edits have live feedback using the whole image or zoomed section.
- Edits are accumulated. Stepwise undo/redo and before/after compare.
- Edit the whole image or a selected object or area within the image.
- Use the mouse to select/enclose an object or area to edit. No layers.
- Select using freehand draw, follow edge, spread into matching tones, others.
- Selections can be cut out, saved, pasted, resized, rotated, edited.
- Zoom in/out with mouse clicks or mouse wheel. Edit zoomed image.
- Scroll/pan a zoomed image by dragging the mouse, also diagonally.
- Save edited image: replace, save as new file version, save as new file name.
- Saved image formats: JPEG, PNG (8/16 bits/color), TIFF (8/16).
- Batch edit: record edits made to one image and apply to multiple images.
- Comprehensive user guide is available in English.
- F1 key pops-up the current menu topic in the user guide.
Fotoxx 17.04.3 Changelog
- Manage Albums, Choose Album: [cancel] left all album menus disabled
- Slide Show, zoom image function: fix memory leak
- Select Area, Find Gap: crash if gap search killed before complete
- EXIF data update: poss. crash if input keyword data is null
- Color Profile: liblcms2 can produce RGB values < 0. Replaced these with 0
- File index process sometimes omitted a few files. This was self-repairing
- Metadata Report: leafpad fails to display report file – replaced it.
How to install Fotoxx 17.04 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install fotoxx
How to remove Fotoxx 17.04 from Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get remove fotoxx