Darktable 2.2.5 recently released is the fifth bugfix release for the v2.2 series of v2.2.5. Darktable as we know is an open source photography workflow application and RAW developer. A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers. Before we proceed on how to install darktable on ubuntu, lets take a quick look at its features.
- It runs on various OS platforms like Linux, Mac OS X, as well as Solaris 11
- Has a fully non-destructive editor
- All its core functions operate on 4×32-bit floating point pixel buffers, hence enabling SSE instructions for speedups
- It comes with a collect module that allows you to execute flexible database queries, search your images by tags, image rating (stars), color labels and many more
- You can import a variety of standard, raw and high dynamic range image formats (e.g. jpg, cr2, hdr, pfm, .. ).
- darktable has a zero-latency fullscreen, zoomable user interface through multi-level software caches.
- Tethered shooting support
- darktable currently comes with 21 translations: Albanian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portugese (Brazilian and Portugese), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian.
- The powerful export system supports Picasa webalbum, flickr upload, disk storage, 1:1 copy, email attachments and can generate a simple html-based web gallery. darktable allows you to export to low dynamic range (JPEG, PNG, TIFF), 16-bit (PPM, TIFF), or linear high dynamic range (PFM, EXR) images.
- darktable uses both XMP sidecar files as well as its fast database for saving metadata and processing settings. All Exif data is read and written using libexiv2.
Darktable 2.2.5 changelog
- When appending EXIF data to an exported image, do not fail if reading of EXIF from the original file fails
- Support XYZ as proofing profile
- Clear DerivedFrom from XMP before writing it
- bauhaus: when using soft bounds, keep slider step constant
- Some GCC7 build fixes
- cmstest: fix crash when missing XRandR extension.
- Fix crash in Lua libs when collapsing libs
- Mac packaging: some fixes
- RawSpeed: TiffIFD: avoid double-free
- Fix a few alloc-dealloc mismatches
See changelog for base supported, white balance presets, as well as noise profiles
How to install Darktable 2.2.5 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmjdebruijn/darktable-release sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install darktable
How to uninstall Darktable from Ubuntu
sudo apt-get remove darktable