OpenRA is a Libre/Free Real Time Strategy game engine that recreates the early Westwood games like the classic Command & Conquer: Red Alert. Distributed mods include a reimagining and updating of both the Red Alert and Command & Conquer multiplayer games.
The latest release 20161019 now comes with the much improved game content installer. Also it’s now able to copy and install game assets from many more installation sources, such as the original release CDs and the First Decade DVDs. In addition is installed copies of the Dune 2000 Gruntsmod edition and even the C&C Ultimate Edition from Origin. In addition to this, for the first time ever, the content installer will now also automatically install the campaign briefing videos, which means you no longer have to do that manual
Other new features and fixes include the following
- Fixes to a number of bugs that impacted game servers, such as the infamous “grey ping bug”.
- New configuration options for customizing mouse scrolling behaviour.
- Fixes to a lot of crashes.
- New hotkeys for controlling the music player, as well as producing five units at once.
- There is also improved aircraft reloading behaviour.
- Furthermore, new hotkeys for navigating to map edges, and bookmarking positions on the map added
The full list of important changes are available on the wiki.
How to Install latest OpenRA Strategy game on Ubuntu 16.10
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu yakkety-getdeb games" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openra