Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is a free roguelike adventure game of exploration and treasure-hunting in dungeons filled with dangerous and unfriendly monsters in a quest for the mystifyingly fabulous Orb of Zot.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup has diverse species and many different character backgrounds to choose from, deep tactical game-play, sophisticated magic, religion and skill systems, and a grand variety of monsters to fight and run from, making each game unique and challenging.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup can be played offline, or online on a public telnet/ssh server, and it supports OS X, Linux, Windows and Android platforms.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Trunk Update 2017
- Rods of scattershot & rods of clouds have both been turned into rare, high-power wand types. Wands of Clouds, unlike their rod predecessors, always create harmful clouds.
- Discs of storms have been replaced with lightning rods, a new xp-charged misc evocable with a remarkable resemblance to the old ‘lightning’ type of rod.
- Wand power scales significantly better with Evocations skill.
- Some wands have sub-LOS range.
- Wands cannot be evoked while confused.
- Wands of disintegration no longer destroy terrain; wands of digging can now destroy statues.
- Wands of slowing have, belatedly, followed their hasting friends into oblivion; they’re gone.
- Rods have been removed.
- New race: Barachians, a species of frog-men with a great hatred of the letter t. They have a powerful innate Hop ability, a partially-controllable Blink effect that requires several turns of motionlessness to recover before re-use. To balance this, they also have slow movement 1 (1.2 turns/move; nagas move at 1.4) and ghoul-tier attributes.
- New spell: Poisonous Vapours, L2 Poison/Air. Smite-targeted; creates an extremely short-lived poison cloud on a targeted creature. Appears in the VM starting book.
- Removed: Poisonous Cloud.
- Apportation scales more significantly with spellpower. Its targeter is also hopefully a little better.
- Your current regeneration rate is shown in %.
- Deep dwarves can now benefit from the special effects of Kryia’s armour.
- The displayed resistance chance for Siren/Avatar song is shown correctly in monster descriptions; it formerly miscalculated (underestimated) their power.
- Clearing multiple ziggurats will make the figurines you find within glow in new and exciting colours. Note that clearing multiple ziggurats is, quote, “silly and should not be encouraged”.
- In addition to summoning golden dragons (see trunk update post #219, true believers!), fortunate TSO worshippers can also use poison stingers.
- Iron giants can no longer throw your orbs of destruction back at you. (It didn’t work properly anyway.)
- It’s no longer possible to ?acquire an item directly into lava or deep water. Sploosh no more…
- Cerebov scumming has been removed.
- Wizards can now rest inside walls.
- Sandblast blasts sand.
How to install Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup on Ubuntu 16.04
echo 'deb https://crawl.develz.org/debian crawl 0.19' | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list wget https://crawl.develz.org/debian/pubkey -O - | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update ----- Install console version ----- sudo apt-get install crawl ----- Install tiles version ----- sudo apt-get install crawl-tiles
How to install Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup on Fedora 21 and Above
cd /etc/yum.repos.d/ sudo wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:nazar554/Fedora_24/home:nazar554.repo ----- Replace dnf with yum for Fedora 22/21. Install tiles version ----- sudo dnf install crawl-sdl crawl-data ----- Install console version ----- sudo dnf install crawl-console crawl-data