MediaPortal is an open-source media center software that transforms your desktop into a complete media station. It runs on very basic hardware, you can actually connect it directly to your TV to display your favorite TV Series, Movies, Photos as well as play Music. Before we proceed to download mediaportal, lets take a quick look at its features and what the latest release offers.
- You can watch, schedule as well as record live TV – like a TiVo, etc and its all for free
- Play videos, movies, DVDs as well as Blu-ray discs
- Listen to music and radio
- Entertain yourself with pictures, home videos or create a slideshow
- You can also stream media, radio as well as TV to any HTPC / PC connected to your network
- Use a remote to control your HTPC from your couch
- Check the weather, news, and more
- Access MediaPortal from the web or mobile device
MediaPortal 1.17.0 Highlights
- Few bugs fixed which includes video views, especially collections, user groups and libraries
- Added some new properties to the display icons of movie awards, extended MPAA text as well as movie awards text
- The skinners now comes with the possibility to add badges for collections, user groups, new as well as actualized movies, watched/unwatched movies etc.
- DefaultWideHD already shows some of the new functions.
- The TV Recordings list now shows the year of the recording, for example 09-07 2017 instead of the previous display which had no year
- The functionality of moving or deleting channels from/to channel groups inside the GUI via context menu in TV EPG was also added
- An issue that recording files were left open by the Streaming Server was fixed
- The scaling issues when using MP in windowed mode or other resolutions other than the standard resolution of 1920×1080 was addressed
- A problem with Watchdog crashing on failure when trying to copy TV Server gentle.config as well as Watchdog not grabbing all TV Server configuration files were both fixed
- An issue with MiniDisplay not showing the correct labels for the actual highlighted button or selected items in a dialog list was also addressed
- The MediaInfo.dll file was updated to version 0.7.95
How to install MediaPortal on Windows. This app is currently not available for Linux platforms